Monday 7 October 2013

Jay Hoad

Jay Hoad


A Fijian born South Australian didgeridoo artist and stringed instrument virtuoso Jay Hoad is today's Eazy Entertainment Australia's Artist of the Week. He performs both as a solo artist and also fronts an extremely high-energy band.

Jay Hoad left Adelaide 7 years ago on an international music odyssey. He has spent the last seven years touring the globe, following the sun and his inspiration for music throughout the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, Bali, Fiji, Canada and North America, keeping up a relentless performance schedule whilst passionately learning about third world culture and every style of music he can sink his teeth in to.

Jay Hoad's music is often categorized as "World" as it is hard to pin down to one genre, but fans and fellow musicians will say it's far from... "I have never seen anything like Jay in my life, the way he plays so many instruments all at once boggles my mind, and the way he effortlessly combines so many genres of music in insane!" - Matthew Lavine, USA. "Must be seen to be believed!" - Sarah Thomas, FIJI. Hoad says, "I just love combining all styles of music from reggae to rock, tribal to jazz, funk to flamenco... you will see it all with this group!"

Artist of the Week


In 2011, Jay Hoad was recognized and honored amongst other international artists to support Bob Marley's "The Wailers" on the East Coast leg of their North America tour. He has been featured at major music festivals including  WOMADelaide, the  Port Fairy Folk Music Festival, and Saarang World Cultural Festival in India. This time Eazy Entertainment Australia will do its share in honoring and recognizing local music artist. Jay Hoad is chosen to be the featured Artist of the Week.

He has three internationally-released albums to his credit, "Stories For The Soul", "Warmth In The White", and his newest release, "Home Is Where The Heart Is".

Jay Hoad is bringing his unique show back to our shores for another huge Australian Tour, making his way around country with this one man band extravaganza. "I am so excited to be playing back in my home town of Adelaide and have invited a huge list of Adelaide's finest musicians to join me on stage for this show!" Jay Hoad.


Hoad will be launching his brand new album "Home Is Where The Heart Is" in Adelaide at the Gov on October 11th with support act Bongo Sistas & Bro.

Says Jay, "I really can't wait to get back to SA as I absolutely love that part of the world. And of course, I'm super excited to be touring with a new album and pretty much a whole new set and sound. I think this album is by far the best work I have done to date, and coming from me that's a big call as I am super critical of my own work and rarely give myself a pat on the back. It truly represents all aspects of what I have to offer and I feel it really captures the live sound of my show like never before. Working with Craig was an incredible experience he brought out the best in me on every note. And with the evolving nature of music distribution, we really went to town on the artwork for this release as who knows how long physical CDs will still be available!"





                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment